Pleasant Prarie, WI
Uploading and downloading customer’s parts in accordance with customer specifications and divisional procedures.
Full Time | Manual Labour
- Loading/unloading of all heat treat containers in accordance with loading procedures, utilizing an overhead lift assist and part hook.
- Implementation of all quality procedures as they relate to specific systems and/or customers.
- Safe Forklift Operation.
- Knowledge and understanding of process flow, material storage, and staging locations for both customer and heat treat containers.
- Maintain the required standard of quality on a continuing basis.
- Maintain output at or above established levels.
- Determining and receiving on-going training required for quality performance in job function in this position.
- Accurate inventory inputting, utilizing the PLEX platform.
- Communication with other shifts for change over purposes.
- Start up and shut down procedures.
- Maintaining downtime log records.
- Periodic material movement requiring forklift operation. (Note: Fork Truck Training is required for this function.)
- Accurately labeling finished product.
- Processing of parts in accordance with prescribed methods.
- Banding and wrapping of finished pallets.
- Understanding and complying with all General Laborer process work and instructions, reviewing and signing process books.
- Initial disposition, tagging, and recording of nonconforming material in compliance with quality procedures.
- Inspection of finished and in-process material in accordance with customer specifications and divisional procedures.
- Documentation accuracy regarding material requirements, and divisional requirements, (i.e. inspection of finished products).
- Completing appropriate documentation for material disposition of scrap, special parts and regular production.
- A visual inspection of product to determine if it meets specifications and directing material to appropriate work cell or area.
- Staging and storing of finished product.
- Loading and unloading baskets at the inspection station.
- Unloading the heat treat exit conveyor.
- Furnace loading when needed.
- Shipping/receiving functions when needed.
- Emptying banding hoppers when required.
- Adhering to FIFO regarding loading and storing of all product.
- Assisting the heat treat and maintenance classification when required.
- Cleaning specific areas within working locations and for general overall housekeeping.
- Communicating with others and participating in a group/team environment.
- Attending team meetings and prescribed training sessions.
- Complete training and OJT for General Laborer.
- Adherence to prescribed safety rules and guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work toward attaining company goals and objectives.
- Must be willing to work in a shared responsibility and team-based work environment.
- Ability to learn multiple tasks and willing to stay abreast of changes and learn new tasks.
- Must possess positive attitude, be dependable, reliable, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
- Ability to meet criteria for training, completion of OJT, successful completion of applicable tests and demonstration of competence in skill.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience.